Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rainy Game Memories

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Bryanna play soccer this year for Mountain View. She has fought through injuries (3 stitches, broken thumb in two places, lower back strain) and emerged a better player. Last night it rained slightly for the JV Team - and although they didn't win, it is always enjoyable to watch your child play. We decided to stay for the Varsity game, and we were rewarded with rain. Lots and lots of rain. Buckets of rain. And it made Bryanna and I snuggle up together under a too-small umbrella and laugh and sing. We sang to the warm up songs, we cheered our team, we held hands to keep warm, and this mom was in heaven.

On second thought, I don't think I mind the rain. Let it come again.

3 comments:

Tiffany Walker said...

That is the cutest post ever. I love that you have such a close relationship with your kids. I am sure it meant just as much to Bryanna. I hope mine will still like me 10 years from now!

Huston Family said...

Don't ya just love those teenage girls! Some of my favorite times are thrift store shopping with my Kenzie.

Anonymous said...

I love that post!! You have such an amazing girl!! (but I don't have to tell you that!)