Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Parotitis

You may think parotitis has something to do with:


But you'd be wrong. It's an acute bacterial infection of the salivary glands (think mumps) and my poor honey got it over the weekend. We are at day 3 at "glorious" Club Bannner, but I think because he is responding so well to treatment he will get out today or tomorrow.

Keep him in your thoughts and prayers. Darrell is a trooper! Between hospital stays he appeared in court at a pretrial hearing, and was hospitalized again a few hours later. I am so impressed with my husband and his committment to providing for his family. We are grateful to all those who helped us.

5 comments:

Tiffany Walker said...

You guys are amazing! You have such a wonderful devoted husband. I sure hope he gets better soon and you don't have to stay at the hospital any longer than you need to. Thinking of you.

Mary Davis said...

I'm sorry to hear the news. We love you and are praying for you! I'll give you a call!

Kathy P said...

Wow! I haven't ever heard of that one. Please let us know if you guys need anything!

The Wizzle said...

Aw, I saw the title and thought "oh no!" but then I saw the parrot picture and thought "whew, it was just a joke!" and then saw the article and thought "oh, no!" again.

We love your family and are praying for you. I hope Darrell kicks it soon. Club Banner! You are a hoot.

Milan Richard Milenkovich said...

I understand now, Darrell won't be happy until he can prove that any disease that affects mankind can be beaten and he is going through them one by one.

Seriously, his stamina is amazing and it is a result of his faith and zeal for life. God is watching over you both and rest assured he will continue to be there for you. You remain, as always, in our thoughts and prayers.