Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Max Goes to Work


Max didn't have an especially good day yesterday. When I asked him about it, he told me it wasn't his fault, because he had a secret. A secret? Max assured me that the reason he didn't do well yesterday was because his brain had taken a job on Mondays and wasn't there in school with him. I am not kidding! I laughed so hard (to his surprise) and then explained how important it was for his brain to be with him at all times at school and it needed to quit its day job.

Ah the joys of parenting an autistic child. I just can't make this stuff up...

7 comments:

Ed said...

THAT was hilarious! Thanks for a great laugh!

Kathy P said...

That is awesome!!! Oh the inner workings of a brilliant mind!

Deanna said...

Max is such a funny boy! We sure do miss him! Mike will get a kick out of this story!

And Eric and his date look fabulous!

Huston Family said...

That is just great! I am amazed at how much our two boys are alike. Max is so fun. Ammon is dying to have him over again.

Milan Richard Milenkovich said...

Tell Max I understand how that can happen. My brain takes a vacation day while I'm at work.

Marci McLain said...

That is just classic. I love to hear the things that come out of childrens mouths. They are truly funny. Thanks for sharing with us.

Shannon said...

I love it. I can just hear him way it too. He is so funny.