Saturday, December 13, 2008

Darrell is on the Road to Recovery!

I wanted to thank everyone for all their prayers for Darrell. He got really ill about 1:00 am on December 10th. His heart rate and pulse were so faint that as I watched him struggle, for the first time I was really afraid. He was already in renal failure, despite my best efforts to watch him carefully and get him immediate help as soon as I recognized danger. Thankfully they got him stablized in ER triage and transferred to ICU, where he remained until last night. He is now in a regular hospital room. He is steadily making progress and is lucid and able to talk to family & visitors. We don't know how much longer he will have to stay. We hope he can get out in a couple more days.

My mom was and continues to be amazing as she fields 3:00 am phone calls from me and drops everything to help our family. She has done it before, and unfortunately she will most likely be called upon again and again. She has been the best mom I could ever ask for and a trusted friend to lean on. I have been so blessed and feel deep gratitude for her and those around us that honestly care.

Thank you to Mary Davis for posting a call for prayers on his behalf. Thank you to our friends who called, text and came to see Darrell and provide support to our family (too numerous to mention). Thank you so much for the treats (Mary Davis and Lori Farr) and the yummy wonderful dinner delivered right to the room (Marilyn Johnson is the best cook!)Mary also helped with Max and Marilyn would have done anything for us we asked. Chrissy Hamberlin helped with Bryanna. Everyone has been so supportive - we never felt like we had to go it alone. We appreciate the blessings and visits from our new Bishop and home teacher, the offers of diet Pepsi from everyone that really knows Michelle, and the care and concern for Darrell and our family.

These are times that we are so dependent on our friends and family in order for us to be strong and exercise our faith. Each time you come through, I know I can never repay the kindness. It has humbled me in a way I cannot describe. We have been shown the true love of Christ as you have reached out to us with charity. We love you all. I will never be able to express how much. Please continue to keep Darrell in your thoughts and prayers as he recovers. This will be a wonderful Christmas after all!

5 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Then my family's prayers have been answered! I'm so happy to hear this news. We're just about all better here at my house, so next week we'll come and see you guys.

Jim said...

We love you! I accept 3 am phone calls too! :o) Please remember that!

Bonnie said...

We hope he continues to get better. We love you guys and always send prayers your way.

Tiffany Walker said...

I have been thinking of you so much. I am so glad that he is doing better. I would love to help in any way that I can. Our prayers are with you!

Ed said...

Michelle, this is Erin Deller, from the ward. I stumbled onto your blog somehow, I hope you don't mind. I am sorry to hear you had such an eventful week! Let me know if you ever need anything, really. We will throw out some prayers for you...