Monday, November 3, 2008

Friends Gone

We had a tough weekend facing the devastating effects of cancer. The father of Darrell's paralegal and our friend, Alyse, and Jeff McBride from our Ward passed away this Saturday after brave fights with the disease. In response Darrell slept most of the weekend and Eric and I played marathons of Rock Band (our favorite escape).

These experiences have really hit home as we contemplate making the same journey towards either recovery or a shortened time together. We are grateful for all the support of friends, family and the Church in our lives. We love you all.

2 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Oh, I am so happy to find you guys here! :) I still owe you a visit, I wanted to come by and see you guys before you moved but I had some false labor craziness and I never did get there. I drove around with the card I had for your family for a couple of weeks though! I saw your email address posted on Emily's blog, if you don't mind I'll email you and get your new address. Baby Iris wants to meet you!

I love you guys so much and I hope I get to see some fun pictures and updates here!

Tiffany Walker said...

Cute, cute blog! Fun pictures of Eric at the dance. We miss Brianna in YW. I taught Beehives last Sunday and it just wasn't the same without her. This will be a fun way to keep in touch.