Sunday, November 9, 2008

Not too fast...

Bryanna got the 24 hour stomach flu and after a day of feeling not so hot, she recovered and went back to school. Friday night Darrell started getting sick, despite our efforts to keep any germs away from him, and he just got worse. By Saturday morning I knew he needed medical intervention and took him to Banner Gateway E.R. We spent the entire day there unsure if he would be admitted as they administered two bags of fluid and zofran (very strong anti-naseau meds). Finally he stablized and I could tell Darrell was going to be alright. I was able to bring him home last night and he has slept on and off since then. Although we knew he would be susceptible to everything, we didn't know that a bug that makes one member of the family sick makes him super sick and warrants a trip to the E.R. I guess we will have to always be diligent.

1 comment:

Mary Davis said...

Sorry, to hear that you spent another day at the hospitle. The funeral was very sweet and touching. Sorry, that I didn't back to you last night. I got your message at 11:30 pm. I decided to go to my high shool reunion. Crazy me!