Friday, February 27, 2009

"Larry" Hadder?

Eric can let his hair go. We're talking I'm-protesting-a-war messy and I'm-a-teenager-go-away long. After some convincing and strong-arming my 6 foot 3 son,we got in the car in search for Great Clips. With the wait as long as 1 hour, and me unsure how long I could keep Eric in captivity, we drove around looking for inspiration and found it in an old fashioned barber shop. Perfect, I thought! We walked in and we were greeted by a old man. Old fashioned shop, old man. I guess it figures. Pleasant enough, he beaconed Eric to the chair and began to cut. Now this guy was really good - and he could talk while he worked. And just to prove it, he talked incessantly. He asked my son his name - Eric he answered. This guy said "Harry"? Eric shook his head. "Terry"? Again a shake. "Steven"? I am trying to fight off laughing. The barber gamely tries one more time and asks Eric to spell it. E-R-I-C. "Oh, Larry!" At this I start laughing and look at the other barber. I can tell he is laughing too, but something in his eye told me the old guy wasn't trying to be funny. Was he thinking:


Or worse:



No clue from us - or him - for that matter. So Eric was Larry for the barber's entire monologue. He is such a good kid - he just went with it. I tipped the guy $4 and we made it just outside the door until we broke into laughter. This is one hair cut we will both remember. It was Ha-Larry-ous! (And I didn't make this up to drop a bad pun, I swear - ask Eric!)

3 comments:

Cire said...

That's funny - I know from personal experience that lots of people here "Eric" as "Larry" - weird,huh!?!

Mary Davis said...

This is really funny...Tyler won't stop laughing:)

Bonnie said...

Love this, totally made me laugh out loud!