Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy New Year 2009

 
We had a wonderful time with Mom & Russ and Mary & Rey for New Year's Eve. The theme was Oriental Fantasy (yes we had lots of jokes for that one), but it was really festive and we really enjoyed being together. I realized a few days ago that I have lots of hope for this year - and it surprised me. I am doing good on this "choose hope" and "live my faith" campaign. It is starting to take hold deep down. Besides, who wants to be around negative energy all the time? I don't, and I don't want to be the (-) geiger counter in the room.

I have some resolutions - I think it's the first year that weight control isn't topping the list. Oh it's there (hope springs eternal) but I have three pressing goals: 1) get Darrell healthy, 2) get our financial house in order (we have made huge strides there) and 3) get Eric to ASU. I think it's interesting that I'm really not in that list - all are for my family. I have a true testimony that family is all that matters. And I would give every dime and every possession I have now, ever had, or will ever have in the future, for the happiness and health of my family. I know you all share that same sentiment and I haven't said anything new. It just becomes more obvious when you face major challenges in your life. It really is about the relationships in your life. Take the time to love one another, express that love, and reach out to others. May 2009 be all the things you hope for.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ed said...

Best of luck with your goals and hopes and dreams for 2009!!

Kathy P said...

Just found your blog...

Happy New year and good luck on your goals