Monday, January 19, 2009

One of Those Perfect Weekends


This weekend was just about perfect!

1) Bryanna had a wonderful game where she made an exceptional keeper save that the crowd yelled for and even the line ref complimented. It was a sight to see her dive sideways in full layout to keep a ball out of "her" goal. She sure loves soccer, but not necessarily the cuts and bruises that come with it. Ok, she does....
2) I got the Christmas stuff finally all taken down, the house cleaned and the laundry done. This makes me very happy.
3) Played lots of RockBand, complete with lots of Pepsi Max (this makes me happier).
4) Went to Sonic with Eric and had some quiet Mom & Son time.
5) Did my visiting teaching for the month for both Sisters.
6) Went to dinner with new friends Preston and Tami Cameron. We sure love our new Ward - it is starting to feel like home. It's great to make friends with similar tastes, not the least of which is the gospel. After dinner we went to the Cameron's home and found that they enjoy music as much as we do. Between the game room with the projection TV and huge speakers, RockBand, the real drum set that Brother Cameron plays, and their concert footage DVD collection, and it was all Darrell could do make me leave their house. I felt like a kid on Christmas and kept looking for a place I could hide in and stay a while. We sure love the Camerons.
7) Darrell is feeling well.
8) The Cardinals make it to the SuperBowl.
9) Monday was a work holiday.

Can every weekend be like this please? I just loved it.

5 comments:

Ed said...

Great weekend...love the picture in my head of Bryanna diving!

Kathy P said...

Don't you love weekends like this? I am so glad Darrel is feeing well.

The Wizzle said...

This post made me smile! I love times like that, when it all just comes together.

Jim said...

Oh crap! Do the Cameron's like sushi?!? If so, it sounds like we've been replaced! Say it aint so! I know I keep saying this, but we really need to get some sushi! Give us a call! :)

Preston D. Cameron said...

Chrissy is safe! Only one of us likes sushi and my vote doesn't count! We're stoked to know the Hadders and so glad they've allowed us to join their circle of friends! Now if we can get Darrell back into the game, we can fire up the DVD player and pound out a couple of concerts!